Monday, November 10, 2008

veggies

Time to eat...first time trying veggies







I did some research to find out what is recommended as far as starting solids and it seems that most people recommend starting with rice cereal, then adding veggies, then fruits one month after starting veggies. So even though we are so excited for them to try something sweet we are going to hold off and start with the veggies...hopefully this will trick them into liking their vegetables later in life ;)

Anyway, I accidentally started with stage 2 veggies, not realizing that stage 1 veggies are important to start with so you don't have problems with allgergies or spices - woops! Sophia really enjoyed the stage 2 sweet potatoes and didn't seem to have any issues so I guess we are okay. Isabella did not enjoy the potatoes but she did okay with the squash we tried today.

I can't wait to post more pictures of them eating - it is quite a sight! We usually put them in their bumbo seats and feed them at the same time. So what ends up happening is they get cereal and veggies all over their faces, then they stick their hands in their mouth or in their sisters mouth and that's when the food really starts flying around. I never thought it would be this messy! Good thing it is also fun for us so we don't mind cleaning up the mess :) But we can basically plan on having to change their entire outfit (even the socks) after eating solids.