Our last day in San Francisco James and I decided to get a late flight out and spend some time mountain biking in Marin County. I found Rob with Stoked SF on tripadvisor and we were able to do a bike ride on top of the line Marin bikes with him. I'm not going to lie, the trip up to the top of Mt. Tam about killed me but man was it worth it! We had 360 degree views of the entire SF bay all the way out to Sonoma and Napa valleys on one side, the ocean on one side, Saulsalito and San Francisco on one side, it was amazing!
We started the morning out with a ferry ride to Saulsalito, past an enormous yaught and some really cool water-front homes. Rob picked us up from the ferry stop and then the race was on! I didn't realize when we planned everything out that we were cutting the time so close since we had to be at the bus stop for the airport at 4:10pm and the ferry dropped us off at 11:35am. Rob got us going quickly, dropping us off about 400 feet up the mountain, where we began the ride up on dirt fire roads all the way to the top!
It was so pretty to see Sonoma Valley where we toured the vineyards just a few days earlier.