Of course James did fantastic once again. At the end of his first day skiing last year he was keeping up with the rest of my family, and this year he worked his magic once again, conquering blue runs like it was no big deal - what a guy!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Learning to ski
My parents and James took turns teaching me to ski on Saturday. I made it until almost 4pm but by then I was EXHAUSTED!! And I only made it down the mountain twice the whole day. Hopefully next time I will be brave enough to pick up the pace, but this time I stuck with snowplowing the whole time :) It is really scary once you start picking up speed and don't know how to stop!
We were all bundled up but it ended up being pretty warm that day - lots of fresh powder thanks to a huge winter storm that dropped 6" on Friday and continued to snow most of Saturday.
I'm so glad everyone was patient with me and stuck with me all day - I'm sure I tried their patience but it was worth it...although my legs still hurt today :) It was great that my brother came up for the day on Saturday as well. He made it in time for breakfast and made it a point to harass me the rest of the day (just kidding Bradley!) But it was pretty funny when he tried to ice me and ended up flat on his butt! Overall I think I had a good first day skiing and am excited to try again (when my legs aren't bruised and swollen and barely able to walk) We are hoping to try it again next weekend at Beaver Creek.